Top tips and products for treating spots and acne

Monday, January 19, 2015 Style Me Daring 0 Comments


I have suffered with adult acne since my early twenties and it sucks! So I have pretty much tried everything possible to treat it including both prescriptions from the doctor and all those shiny products advertised on TV (piece of advice...don't trust the hype).

So I have put together my top list of treatments that actually work.


Coconut Oil





This little miracle product is the most incredible thing on the market and not just for acne. You can use it as sunscreen, massage oil, in food, and for oil swilling which can make you teeth whiter, help your immune system and you guessed it helps with skin conditions.

I use it at night as a moisturizer because it creates a barrier between your skin and any nasty environmental factors that might make it worse as well as being an antibacterial.

Check out more about the benefits of coconut oil in the guest post I did for REglam.

Lemon Water




This one is also a wonder product which can help with dental problems, gives your immune system a boost (which is defintely needed this time of year), is good for heart, brain and nerve function, helps digestion and helps fight off cravings.

The antioxidants present in lemon juice decrease the likelihood of getting blemishes and helps keep skin looking gorgeous.

Stridex




This is a new product for me that I have only just started using. However I can't fault it! It contains 2% salicylic acid which is the highest strength you can get without a prescription from your doctor.

In the week that I have been using it I have noticed my the spots on my face that hadn't come to the surface yet all came up and then disappears very quickly and now it is helping keep my skin clear.

Silver Serum




This is a product that I haven't use myself yet but my soon to be sister in law who suffers with terrible acne has just started and she swears by it.

It uses good bacteria to fight the bad bacteria that causes pimples. I have ordered some for myself so I will let you know how it goes.

Aspirin




Got a big spot come up over night? This is a handy trick to help calm it down a little bit. Mix an aspirin with a little water until it becomes a paste and then spread it on top of the blemish, leave for 5-10 minutes before washing off.

This should bring down the redness and help it decrease in size which is perfect if you have a big event you need look your best for.

General Tips





  • Use a gentle face wash
  • Use alcohol free toner
  • Use oil free moisturizer
  • Wash your pillow cases as much as possible
  • Stop touching your face
  • Drink more water

Just remember that everyone's skin is different so it may take a while for you to find what works for you so don't give up!
Big Love xxx

0 comments: