What I learned about eyebrow threading

Saturday, October 18, 2014 Style Me Daring 0 Comments

Yay, my first blog post! How exciting.

I decided to write this blog because although I may not be the most stylish or beauty talented I try and I am always up for giving new things a go especially when it comes to the way I look.

So I wanted to share my adventures in trying new outfits, hairstyles, beauty hacks and even food and exercise with you.

It may not always go right or according to plan but at least you guys can learn from my mistakes.


(If any of you lovely fashion or beauty bloggers have any handy tips or tricks you'd like to share with a newbie then please let me know.)

Today I had my eyebrows threaded for the first time, normally I pluck them myself at home but I have never been very good at it and I've always struggled to get a defined shape.

I have to say although the experience itself was quite painful I would fully recommend having it done, it take around ten minutes and is performed using a thin piece of thread that is dragged across the skin removing the hairs.




I did find that once I got home and had a proper look at the results that a few hairs had been missed however because the shape had already been created for me it was very easy to remove the last remaining stragglers with a pair of tweezers. Ultimately I was happy with the final outcome.



The treatment usually costs around £5 and can leave your eyebrows looking a little pink so my advice is that if you have to venture in the city center to find a salon that does it then make sure it's the last thing you do before heading home (it can be little embarrassing wondering round with sore looking eyes.)

This is definitely my eyebrow shaping tool of choice but if any of you know of a better, less painful options please let me and I'll give them a go.

0 comments: